- 300g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup of peel
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Put the eggs and honey in the mixer on high for 3 minutes
- Put the mixer on low and add in everything else until combined into a dough-like mixture
- Roll into about 8 balls and place on a lined baking tray
- Brush lightly with beaten eggs to give a golden colour
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes
- Take out when golden brown and enjoy!
If you would like to add crosses:
Place 1 tbs. coconut flour in a small bowl.
Gradually add drops of water while stirring, until a thick white paste forms. Use a fork to make sure there are no lumps.
Put the paste into a piping bag, and pipe a cross on to the top of each bun.
We hope you’ll love this recipe as much as we did!
Happy Easter. To watch the Doc making these paleo hot cross buns view the following video: